Balhyocha Eggnog Latte
It's time to have eggnog latte for the holidays! This Balhyocha Eggnog Latte is a sweet, non-alcoholic drink you can enjoy with your family. The creamy eggnog blends wonderfully with the roasted, chocolatey flavours of Balhyo Cha. It is great both hot and cold.
Ingredients (1 serving):
· 3g or 1 tablespoon Balhyo Cha
· 1/3 cup water
· 2/3 cup eggnog (I used classic eggnog with 2% M.F.)
· 1/3 cup cold-brewed Balhyo Cha milk*
· cinnamon powder
· (optional, your choice of garnish) cinnamon stick, star anise, whipping cream, or coloured sugar.
* Add 1 heaping tablespoon of Balhyo Cha leaves and 1 cup of cold milk in a glass jar, and refrigerate for 24 hours. Make sure the lid is tightly closed. You can enjoy 3 servings of Balhyocha Eggnog Latte with the cold-brewed Balhyo Cha milk.
1) Boil water and infuse Balhyo Cha for 5 minutes to make a strong brew. Strain the tea leaves. Don't throw the leaves out. You can add them in the step 3).
2) In a pot, add eggnog and cold-brewed Balhyo Cha milk. You don't need to strain the tea leaves from the milk. They will be infused more when you heat the mixture in the next step.
3) Also add the steeped tea leaves from 1) into the pot. Warm the eggnog mixture of 2) at medium heat, occasionally stirring with a spoon. When it starts boiling, remove from the heat and strain the tea leaves. (Note: The eggnog itself is sweet enough and you don't need to add sugar or honey. However, if you prefer sweet drinks, you can add sugar or honey in this step.)
4) Pour the tea of 1) into your choice of cup.
5) Add the heated eggnog mixture of 3) into the cup. You can also froth the mixture using a milk frother before adding it to your cup.
6) Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
7) (optional) You can garnish the latte with a cinnamon stick and a star anise, or whipping cream and cinnamon powder, or whipping cream and Christmas coloured sugar.
Enjoy the tasTEA drink!