Balhyocha Potato Soup
Winter is a perfect time to have potato soup! Have you thought of adding Balhyo Cha in your potato soup? It is very flavourful and comforting! The roasted aroma and the unique flavours of our Balhyo Cha will enhance the taste of your soup.
Ingredients (4 servings):
· 10g Balhyo Cha
· 6-7 potatoes
· 1 onion (280g)
· 40g butter
· 900ml milk
· 200ml cooking cream
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· black pepper
· (optional) grated cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, parsley flakes, croutons
1) After washing and peeling the potatoes, place them in a steamer basket in a pot and bring water to a boil.
2) While the potatoes are steamed, slice an onion and stir-fry with butter. When it's done, remove from the heat.
3) Bring milk and Balhyo Cha leaves to a simmer in a saucepan at medium heat, occasionally stirring so that the milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
4) When the milk boils, add cooking cream and simmer, occasionally stirring.
5) When the mixture boils, remove from the heat.
6) Using a chopstick or a fork, prick the potatoes to see if they are well-steamed. When they are done, remove from the heat and let them cool.
7) In a big pot, add steamed potatoes and cooked onions. Strain Balhyo Cha leaves and add the milk mixture to the big pot. Using a hand blender, blend until the mixture is smooth and fine. (Note: If you don't have a hand blender, a regular blender will work fine. Make sure that the mixture is cooled down before you blend it.)
8) Boil the mixture, occasionally stirring.
9) Add salt and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes, occasionally stirring. Serve.
10) (optional) When serving, grate some cheddar cheese on top of the soup and add bacon pieces and parsley flakes. Croutons are also a great addition.
Enjoy the tasTEA soup!