Balhyocha TEAramisu Latte
Have you ever thought of DRINKING tiramisu? I created a recipe for TEAramisu Latte made with our Balhyo Cha for your joyful winter holidays. The unique chocolatey flavour of our Balhyo Cha matches perfectly to the creamy tiramisu topping. You can enjoy the tea and dessert together in one cup!
Ingredients (1 serving):
· 5g or 2 tablespoons Balhyo Cha
· 1 cup water
· 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 5 tablespoons whipping cream
· 2 tablespoons milk
· a pinch of salt
· 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1) Boil water and infuse Balhyo Cha for 5 minutes to make a strong brew. Strain the tea leaves.
2) In a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of mascarpone cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix well with a teaspoon.
3) Add 1 tablespoon of whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of milk and a pinch of salt into the bowl. Whisk well until you don't see the chunks of the mascarpone cheese and the mixture becomes creamy.
4) In a separate deep bowl or in a measuring cup, add 4 tablespoons of whipping cream and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Using a milk frother, whip the cream until it has soft peaks. (Note: You don't need a fancy milk frother. I use a handheld milk frother that I purchased for $9-10. If you don't have a milk frother, use a hand whisk.)
5) Pour the tea of 1) into your choice of cup.
6) Using a teaspoon, gently place the whipped cream of 4) on top of the tea in the cup.
7) Slowly pour the mascarpone cheese mixture of 3) over the top of the whipped cream.
8) Using a chopstick or the back of a knife, scrape the top to level it off.
9) Sift cocoa powder through a fine sifter to cover the top, and serve.
Note: When you eat, first enjoy one scoop of the creamy TEAramisu topping. Through the hole that's made, you can drink the tea as it mixes with the top layer.
Enjoy the tasTEA drink!