Sejak Bibim Buckwheet Noodles
Memil Guksu (buckwheat noodles) is one of the must-have summer cold noodles in Korea and it's enjoyed in spicy bibim style or non-spicy soup style.
Here, we introduce the spicy bibim style with Sejak leaves.
Ingredients (2 servings):
· 6g or 2 heaping tablespoons Sejak
· 2 bunches buckwheat noodle (180-200g)
- most buckwheat noodles are sold individually packaged with a paper ring for one serving.
· 7-8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
· 1/3 cucumber, sliced into strips
· 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
· a handful of mixed spring greens or sangchu (Korean red or green lettuce)
· 1 tablespoon gochugaru (Korean red chili powder)
· 1/2 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
· 1 tablespoon vinegar
· 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon oligodang (Korean cooking syrup) or honey
· 1 tablespoon water
1) Make Sejak tea (click here to see the steeping instructions). Strain the tea leaves and set aside.
2) Boil water with some salt in a pot. When water boils, add buckwheat noodles. You need to frequently add cold water so that the water doesn't boil over.
3) When buckwheat noodles are cooked, rinse with running cold water and drain.
4) Add buckwheat noodles and vegetables as well as steeped Sejak leaves in a bowl.
5) Mix all the ingredients for sauce, and add into the dish.
6) Serve and enjoy the noodles with Sejak tea!
Enjoy the tasTEA noodles!