Soy Sauce Butter Egg Rice with Woojeon
My mom used to make this rice bowl whenever I had no appetite when I was little. It is easy and simple to make and I still love this.
If you don't like eating raw egg yolk, you can also add a fried egg.
· 3g or 1 heaping tablespoon Woojeon
· 1 cup water
· 1 bowl cooked rice
· 1 egg yolk
· 1/2 tablespoon butter
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
· 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1) Make Woojeon tea (click here to see the steeping instructions). Strain the tea leaves and set aside.
2) Add rice in a bowl.
3) Add egg yolk on top of the rice.
4) Place steeped Woojeon leaves next to the egg yolk.
5) Add butter on top of the rice, and sprinkle soy sauce over the rice.
6) Add sesame oil and sesame seeds, and serve.
7) Mix well and enjoy this simple yet TEAlicious rice bowl!