The Easiest Way to Cook with Tea
There are many ways to cook with tea. The easiest one is adding steeped tea leaves into your dishes such as salads, rice, noodles, stir-fries, soup, etc.
Our green teas, Woojeon and Sejak, are such a TEAlicious addition to your food. The steeped leaves of our green teas are not bitter unlike other types of green teas and you can enjoy them just like steamed vegetables!
You can make and enjoy up to two infusions of Woojeon or Sejak first and then add the steeped leaves to your dishes.
You can add any kind of salad dressing of your choice into this salad. The salad dressing we introduce below is our favourite vegan dressing that you can easily make at home if you can find Korean yuja (yuzu) marmalade.
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
· 3g or 1 heaping tablespoon Woojeon or Sejak
· 2/3 cup chicken breast
· a handful of spring greens
· 3-4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
· 1/4 cucumber, sliced
· 1/4 bell pepper, cut into strips
· 1/4 onions, thinly sliced
· (optional) some pea shoots
· 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
· 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon yuja cheong (Korean yuzu marmalade)
- You can easily find this at Korean supermarkets
· a pinch of salt and pepper
1) After having one or two infusions of Woojeon or Sejak (click the name of each tea to see the steeping instructions), strain the tea leaves and set aside. If you are going to use the leaves in a few hours or the next day, refrigerate in a small bowl sealed.
2) Boil water with 1 teaspoon of salt, and add and cook the chicken breast if you would like to lessen the amount of oil consumption. If not, you can season the chicken breast with salt and pepper for 15 minutes, and pan-fry with some oil. Cool it down.
3) Toss the vegetables into your salad bowl and add chicken breast as well as steeped tea leaves.
4) Add dressing.
Enjoy the tasTEA salad!