Yuja Balhyocha Syrup
Have you tried our Balhyocha Syrup recipe? You can also make TEAlicious Yuja Balhyocha Syrup with almost the same recipe! The refreshing citrus aroma of yuja(yuzu) will make your drinks more outstanding. Using the syrup, you can have iced sparkling tea, hot/cold milk tea and desserts.
In order to make you feel less guilty for sugar consumption, we reduced the traditional amount of sugar used in making syrup or milk tea.
Ingredients (yields appx. 950ml syrup / appx. 20 servings):
· 25g Yuja Balhyocha
· 1 litre water
· 400g sugar
1) Add Yuja Balhyocha and water in a saucepan and boil at high heat on the stove.
2) When it boils, remove from the heat and close the lid. Leave it for 10 minutes.
3) Strain Yuja Balhyocha leaves.
4) Add sugar in the tea infusion. Do not stir.
5) Boil the mixture at low-medium heat. When bubbles appear at the bottom of the saucepan which means it is starting to boil, let it boil for 10 minutes from that point.
6) Remove from the heat.
7) Cool down at room temperature.
8) When it's cooled down, pour the syrup into a glass bottle or a jar and refrigerate. You can keep the syrup in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.
How to make iced sparkling tea with Yuja Balhyocha Syrup:
1) Add ice cubes in a glass.
2) (Optional) You can add a few slices of lemon.
3) Pour sparkling water into the glass.
4) Add 2-3 tablespoons of Yuja Balhyocha Syrup.
Done! It's very easy to make it if you have Yuja Balhyocha Syrup in your refrigerator!
Enjoy the tasTEA Yuja Balhyocha Syrup and different drinks at home!