Using Balhyocha Powder, you can conveniently make good lattes with your choice of milk. It tastes like a hot dark chocolate milk even though there's no chocolate added!
Ingredients (1 serving):
· 3g or 1 teaspoon Balhyocha Powder
· 30ml water, 90ºC (194ºF)
· 1 cup (8oz or 240ml) your choice of milk (I used soy milk.)
· (optional) 1-2 teaspoons of honey or your choice of sweetness
1) Whisk Balhyocha Powder in water until the powder dissolves.
2) (optional) Add honey or sugar into 1) and mix well.
3) Microwave milk for 2 to 2.5 minutes.
4) Froth the warmed milk using a milk frother. (I used a handheld milk frother.)
5) Pour the milk into your cup and scoop the milk foam over the top.
I topped the latte with a cherry blossom that I set aside after having Sakura Daifuku from Natural Japaneats that offers plant-based authentic Japanese snack food with seasonal and local ingredients.
The latte bowl was purchased from our friend Secret Teatime, a Toronto-based ceramics studio.
Enjoy the tasTEA latte!