Mugwort and Balhyocha Waffles
Our newly-released Mugwort Powder and Balhyocha Powder are very convenient and tasty when added into baked items. You can make waffles with our powdered teas and enjoy them on their own or with a scoop of ice cream of your choice. As you use glutinous rice flour along with all-purpose flour in this recipe, you can have very chewy waffles. You will love it! Mugwort and Balhyocha drizzles are optional but strongly recommended.
Ingredients (2-3 servings, yields 6-7 pieces):
· 5g Mugwort Powder
· 5g Balhyocha Powder
· 80g all-purpose flour
· 120g glutinous rice flour
· 70g sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 5g baking powder
· 1 egg
· 200ml milk
· 40g butter, melted
1) Sift all-purpose flour, glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in two separate bowls, splitting each ingredient into two. (as we are going to make two separate flavours).
2) Sift Mugwort Powder into one bowl and Balhyocha Powder into the other.
3) Mix each flour mixture well using a fork.
4) In a separate bowl, beat an egg and add milk and melted butter. Mix well.
5) Pour one half of the milk mixture into the Mugwort bowl and the other half into the Balhyocha bowl.
6) Mix each batter until blended.
7) Ladle the batter onto a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until they turn golden and crisp.
8) You can immediately serve, or place waffles on a wire cooling rack to keep from getting soggy.
9) (optional) You can add a scoop of ice cream of your choice with Mugwort and Balhyocha drizzles.
Optional Mugwort and Balhyocha Drizzles:
Whisk or dissolve 3g of Mugwort Power with 30ml of water (90ºC), and add 1 heaping teaspoon of honey, and mix well. Repeat using Balhyocha Powder.
Enjoy the tasTEA waffles!